Monday, April 2, 2012

What happend to last week?

Cross Stitches
What the heck happened to last week?  I was puttering along on all my projects and WHAM!  It's Monday again!  I hardly got any work on my HAED done maybe another 20 stitches.  I did get a chunk of my wedding piece done for my Sister-in-law's first anniversary. A friend of mine was kind enough to let me borrow the chart.





Crochet
I did manage to make one crochet dish cloth, however it is too tight so I need to adjust and make them more loose.  Then my darling 8 year old convinced me to teach her how.  Now she's got my hook tied up so I'll have to use a different size or steal my hook back when she's not looking. 

Chart Making
The poll came back to a Tulip Freebie so as soon as I manage to get the chart done I'll be posting that.  Thank you all for voting!

The Bookmark and Tea Exchange
Shaunterria sent me a very lovely bookmark with gorgeous red roses, my favorite!
She sent along some Lemon Zinger Tea and Peppermint.  Very yummy with some honey in.
 She also sent along some Victorian Sampler Over-dyed Floss in the color theme of Red Roses.  I was so excited!  I have never had the opportunity to work with over-dyed floss before.  There was also a neat little card with a very sweet note.  We are both relatively new to Stitching and I think for two newbies we did an awesome job on the exchange.  She truly was a wonderful partner. Here are pictures of what we exchanged.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful floss and bookmarks. This was a fun exchange.

    Your stitching is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both bookmarks are beautiful. I am so glad that both of you had a very positive experience with this exchange!
    Your stitching is progressing nicely!

    ReplyDelete